COVID-19 Response Fund - Now Open
Otago Community Trust is concerned about the impact of COVID-19 on our community, as well as our Trustees and Staff. Not only will this crisis impact the lives of individuals and whānau, but the community sector and community organisations are likely to face significant challenges in providing services and in doing their mahi that draws our communities together.
The COVID-19 Response Fund is our response to support community organisations to cope through the crisis, and thereby to support the community itself.
Otago Community Trust will now accept applications for grants from the COVID-19 Response Fund
Grants will be made towards any of the following objectives:
- Additional costs incurred by community organisations in delivering services, projects or activities to members of the community most in need as a result of COVID-19.
- Assistance for community organisations who incur or have incurred additional costs related to expansion of services as a result of COVID-19.
- For requests up to $25,000 applicants are asked to complete a COVID-19 Response Fund application form. The application form requires the inclusion of a budget and/or quote, along with bank verified account details. The COVID-19 Response Fund application form is available below.
- Requests for amounts over $25,000 are required to be submitted through the online Grants portal. Applicants are encouraged to speak to us first about this process before applying.
- Applications will be considered on a weekly basis and funds for successful grants distributed within 3 working days.
- A request for a brief accountability report including receipts for purchases if applicable, may be made at the time the grant is awarded or subsequently.
- Applicants must meet the same eligibility criteria as for other grants from Otago Community Trust, specifically they can be any not for profit body within the Otago Community Trust funding area for more info: https://www.oct.org.nz/what-we-support/who-we-fund
- A COVID-19 Response Grant is independent of all other grants from the Trust, receiving one will not affect our general grant process.
- Applicants may apply for more than one COVID-19 Response Grant. Each application will be assessed on its own merit.
COVID-19 Response Fund Application Forms
If you are not comfortable using PDF SMART Forms, please download and complete the word version below.
COVID-19 Response Fund Information Flyer
A summary of key information pertaining to Otago Community Trust COVID-19 Response Fund is outlined in the below information flyer, which you can download and share.