What We Do Not Generally Fund
Otago Community Trust does not fund areas or items that are regarded by the Trust as primarily the responsibility of central and local government. However, our Trustees acknowledge that many community building projects and iconic projects can only be funded in partnership with central and local government.
- Commercial organisations;
- Scholarships or sponsorships;
- Overseas travel for groups or individuals;
- Capital funds, endowments or debt retirement;
- Political parties or groups aligned with political parties;
- Projects that are the responsibility of central or local Government;
- Spiritual activities of religious organisations;
- Advocacy groups;
- Retrospective costs;
- Core operational expense;
- Loss of income;
- Uniforms for over 18-year olds.