COVID-19 Alert Levels: Our Status Level 2
We are now at Alert Level 2.
Under Level 2 our office is open for staff only, visitors to the office will need to make an appointment to meet with us. If you visit, we will collect the required contact tracing information.
If you are unwell please do not visit us at our office rather contact us by phone, email or we can arrange to meet via Zoom.
We want to assure you we will remain open for funding regardless of any changes in Alert Level status and will continue to be available to answer all funding questions.
We can only continue with funding clinics if physical distancing rules can be adhered to. A decision on our up-and-coming funding clinics (Mosgiel and Oamaru) will be made Monday 1 March 2021.
Below is an outline of how Otago Community Trust will respond to changes to the NZ Covid-19 Levels.
We will continue to update this page as new information comes to hand.
*The Auckland region is at Alert Level 3 for the next 7 days. The rest of New Zealand is at Alert Level 2 for the next 7 days. This came into effect at 6am on Sunday 28 February.
What you can expect from us under Level 2:
- OPEN FOR FUNDING - At every Covid-19 Alert Level our portal will remain open for funding
- Otago Community Trust office open for staff only
- External visitors to office permitted by appointment only
- Contact tracing required when entering office
- Staff available for meetings where physical distancing rules can be adhered to
- External community engagement face to face continues where physical distancing rules can be adhered to
- Meeting via the phone or video conference encouraged
- Funding clinics continue where physical distancing rules can be adhered to