Making an Application
Am I eligible to apply?
Complete the questionaire below to find out if you're eligible to apply for a donation.
- Commercial organisations
- Political parties or lobby groups
You can download an application form here.
Am I ready to apply?
Make sure you are ready to apply for a donation, things to consider include:
- You can demonstrate a clear need in the community for the project
- The project meets your organisational objectives and fits with your overall mission and vision.
- The project can be defined as a specific activity; you are not applying for general overheads.
- You know how much money is needed for the project and you are being realistic in your ability to raise the amount needed
- You have the skills and expertise available to carry out the project
- You have completed all of the necessary planning and addressed any consent issues.
- You have researched all of the alternatives and avenues for funding
WHAT DOES THE TRUST CONSIDER?
Below is a list of factors the Trust takes into consideration when assessing applications:
- Purpose - the project clearly assists organisations carrying out charitable, cultural, philanthropic and recreational work which is of benefit to the people in Otago.
- Measurable benefit – there is a clear understanding of who will benefit from the project and the outcomes expected.
- Community Support – the extent to which the community supports the project, for example through volunteer support and fundraising success.
- Skills and ability – the skills, knowledge and ability of coordinators and staff to successful complete the project.
- Financial – the financial situation of the group demonstrates they are well managed and stable.
- Fundraising to date – there has been a commitment from the applicant to raise money towards the project
- Other – any independent assessment or comment from relevant agencies, organisations or people.