How to Apply
Important Notice - Funding Portal Now Closed
16th March 2018
We are moving to a fully on-line grant application process.
Our application portal is now closed and will remain closed until the 15th of April to ensure a smooth transition as we move to our new on-line system. If you have any urgent applications please contact us on 0800 10 12 40 to discuss. Please note grant applications generally take 6 to 8 weeks from receipt to get a decision.
What this will mean for your organisation:
- General applications received prior to the 16th March will be processed in line with our normal procedures;
- Regional Sport and Learning Impact Fund applications can still be submitted in line with our normal procedures;
- Payment of previously approved grants will not be affected;
- After the 15th April we will no longer accept paper applications, our staff will be available to assist with the new on-line process, either by phone or in person;
- You will need to register to submit an on-line application using our new system;
You should notice little change in the questions and information we require, it will just be a new way of applying.
We are excited about the changes and are looking forward to being able to communicate more effectively with our community.
If you have any concerns with regard to the timing of your application don't hesitate to contact us on 0800 10 12 40
The Application Process
The Otago Community Trust aims to support, encourage and enhance Otago through donations to the local community across the sectors of learning, community, sport and recreation, art and culture, heritage and the environment. Each application is judged on its own merits and its potential value to the community.
- You can apply online here.
- You can download the application form here.
- If you are a regional sporting organisation or seeking more than $100,000 more information is available here. Be sure to also read the Guide to Making an Application.
- More information on the types of projects, and examples of past projects, we support is available here.
- Organisations can only receive one donation during the Trust’s financial year which ends on 31 March. If you are unsuccessful with an application you may apply again during that year.
- Applications will be accepted at any time, there is no closing dates unless you are seeking more than $100,000. It is important to contact the Trust if you are thinking of applying for a donation of more than $100,000 as there are specific cut off dates for these applications.
- The Trust does not formally write and tell you it has received your application but staff may contact you to discuss details of your application before it is presented to the Trustees. You will be notified of the Trustee’s decision in writing at least two months after your application was received.
- If successful, this will be a letter of offer which will outline any conditions we require you to fulfil before receiving the donation. Donations are not usually paid out until the Trust is satisfied that the conditions in the letter of offer have been satisfactorily completed.
- The donation should be spent within 12 months for the purpose set out in the application, or as directed by the Trust, otherwise the donation becomes repayable. The Trust may consider any submission for an extension of time or for the funds to be spent in a manner different to that indicated in the original application.
Toll Free Phone: 0800 10 12 40
Phone: (03) 479 0994
Fax: (03) 477 1869