The Trust is a signatory to the United Nations’ Principles for Responsible Investing (PRI). These were developed by the United Nations to reflect the increasing relevance of environmental, social and corporate governance issues to investment practices.
United Nations’ Principles for Responsible Investing
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
In signing the Principles, the Trust commits to adopting and implementing them, where consistent with our fiduciary responsibilities. The Trust also commits to evaluate the effectiveness and improve the content of the Principles over time and report its progress to the UN every year.
More information can be found at the United Nation’s web site http://www.unpri.org.
The Trust is also a member of the Responsible Investment Association Australasia.