How to Apply
1st August 2017
IF YOU WANT A DECISION BEFORE THE END OF MARCH 2018 THEN YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION INTO US BY THE 30TH OF SEPTEMBER 2017.
The Otago Community Trust is in the process of updating its systems relating to how we process our Donations and this includes our on-line donations application portal. As a result of this update we are unfortunately not going to be able to approve Donations from December 2017 until the last week of March 2018. Because we will not be considering donations from December - March you can choose to either:
• Apply to us before the end of September 2017 to get a decision before Christmas, or
• Apply as normal but wait until March or April before receiving a response to your application.
Please note that any events or festivals applying for funding are required to have their donation request to us, at least three months prior to their start date. Please feel free to contact us should you wish to discuss how this change is likely to affect your organisation – 0800 10 12 40
The Application Process
The Otago Community Trust aims to support, encourage and enhance Otago through donations to the local community across the sectors of learning, community, sport and recreation, art and culture, heritage and the environment. Each application is judged on its own merits and its potential value to the community.
- You can apply online here.
- You can download the application form here.
- If you are a regional sporting organisation or seeking more than $100,000 more information is available here. Be sure to also read the Guide to Making an Application.
- More information on the types of projects, and examples of past projects, we support is available here.
- Organisations can only receive one donation during the Trust’s financial year which ends on 31 March. If you are unsuccessful with an application you may apply again during that year.
- Applications will be accepted at any time, there is no closing dates unless you are seeking more than $100,000. It is important to contact the Trust if you are thinking of applying for a donation of more than $100,000 as there are specific cut off dates for these applications.
- The Trust does not formally write and tell you it has received your application but staff may contact you to discuss details of your application before it is presented to the Trustees. You will be notified of the Trustee’s decision in writing at least two months after your application was received.
- If successful, this will be a letter of offer which will outline any conditions we require you to fulfil before receiving the donation. Donations are not usually paid out until the Trust is satisfied that the conditions in the letter of offer have been satisfactorily completed.
- The donation should be spent within 12 months for the purpose set out in the application, or as directed by the Trust, otherwise the donation becomes repayable. The Trust may consider any submission for an extension of time or for the funds to be spent in a manner different to that indicated in the original application.
Toll Free Phone: 0800 10 12 40
Phone: (03) 479 0994
Fax: (03) 477 1869